The main purpose of the MSc is to train graduate scientists of various expertise in the fields of production, distribution, clinical evaluation and clinical implementation of CGTs, study both the biological substrate of CGTs and the regulatory framework for their production and their application. The key aims are:
- The promotion of knowledge and the scientific development of research in the field of CGTs.
- The high-level training of health and bio related scientists with medical direction in CGT products in the fields of clinical research, translation research and their application for treatment of incurable diseases
- The high level interdisciplinary training of young scientists to empower their skills towards employability as executives in private or public sectors in the areas of Biotechnology and Health.
- The preparation of graduates for PhD studies
The MSc includes 8 theoretical and 5 practical core courses all conducted in English. In order to receive the Postgraduate Degree, students are required to attend all the courses, seminars, simulation exercises and successfully pass final assignments/exams. The total number of credits (E.C.T.S.) are 60, equally distributed between the first and the second semester. Theoretical courses will take place every Wednesday and Thursday 17:00-21:00 Labs courses will take place on Saturdays 10:00-18:00. The MSc consists of two academic semesters, the programme of the first semester can be found here
See Full Programme
The syllabus is formulated per semester as follows:
- Online Lectures
- On-line reading materials
- Practical coursework projects,including group projects